|Dixon Sebree Providence Clay Slaughters Wheatcroft Blackford Poole Onton|
Dixon, the county seat of Webster county, is located at the junction of US 41A and KY 132. It was established in 1860 when the county was formed and named for Archibald Dixon, lieutenant governor and U.S. senator. It was incorporated in 1861. The Dixon's Court House post office opened in 1860. The population in 1990 was 552.
Revolutionary War veteran William Jenkins in 1794 established a stagecoach inn five miles north of the town's present site, on the old Indian trail between Nashville and St. Louis.
The town was incorporated on February 6, 1861 and was named after Archibald Dixon, former lieutenant governor of the state (1844-48) and U.S. Senator (1852-55). The notorious Harp brothers, murderous outlaws, once roamed the area.
The downtown area has a number of historic homes and was
the site of a number of Civil War skirmishes.
Rice House - 400 Main Street, Dixon
The People's Bank, Dixon (c.
Historic War Memorial on
the Courthouse Lawn in Dixon
Festivals & Events
Purple Opry House - Sebree
Dogwood Valley Trading Post - Clay
Places of Interest
Warner Historic Museum -
Collection of photography, memorabilia, written & oral history. 500 S Broadway
St., Providence 270-667-5022
Sports & Outdoors
© 2012 Webster County Fiscal Court, Dixon, Kentucky 42409 270-639-5042